Friday, August 9, 2013

MixBit iPhone App Twitter Sharing: I don’t see default text or a hashtag when I try to send out a tweet from a featured video

Date: 08/09/2013
MixBit iPhone App: Version 1.0.3

I downloaded the MixBit iPhone App and have been playing around in the user interface.  It's a nice app, and I recommend trying it out if you have an iPhone.

What’s with Twitter sharing?  I’m able to generate what looks to be a blank tweet when I try to tweet out from a featured video from within the iOS app. 

If I actually do share the tweet, a link is sent out.

Here’s what I did on the MixBit iPhone app.  I created a fake account to check out the app.  I did NOT open up any email on my iPhone 3GS to create a formal, activated account.  I went to a featured video, selected the tweet option, and was presented with a completely blank twitter option.

This is much easier to show than to describe, so please see the attached screenshots below.



Steps:

1.     Download and launch the MixBit iPhone App
2.     Select the “M” and select “Account”
3.     Select “Register” and enter in a fake email address
4.     Go to any featured video
5.     Select the tweet option for any video
6.     Notice that the generate tweet doesn’t have any default #MixBit hastag
7.     Notice that the you don’t even see a url!

Result:  Selecting the tweet option for any featured video from inside of the MixBit iPhone app is an odd experience – I’m not seeing any default message or even a url


Expected:  I expect to see a url in all tweets that I send out – generally expect a default hashtag


Download the MixBit iPhone App...

Register an account using a bogus email address...

You'll receive a confirmation message.  Don't do anything except for heading to the featured videos...

From any featured video, send out a tweet...

A url never appears.  There's no default message, or a hashtag.  Send out the tweet...


No comments:

Post a Comment