Thursday, August 29, 2013

Yonder iPhone App: Very easy to get keyboard UI stuck over “Share by” option


Date: 08/30/2013

Yonder iPhone App: Version 1.6

Description:

I downloaded the Yonder app yesterday and gave it a try.

I’m a big fan of anything location based on the iPhone, and I liked Yonder a lot.

There was a minor bug that continually upset me – maybe I’m the only one to encounter this bug, but I figured that I might as well write it down.

This bug is much easier to show than to describe, so please take a look at the attached screenshots below.

Here’s the basic of the bug, summed up in a single sentence: During the course of normal use, I continually got stranded on a screen where the keyboard UI was overlaid on top of a “Share by” pop-up.

This actually happened to me during regular use.  To be completely honest, I am using my iPhone using wi-fi of medium strength.  Still, this is the first time I’ve seen something similar to this.


Steps to reproduce:

1.     Launch the Yonder iPhone app (version 1.6)
2.     From the “Popular” feed of photos, navigate to any photo
3.     Select the arrow to activate the “Share by” pop-up
4.     From the “Share by” pop-up select “Twitter”
5.     Wait for the “Share by” pop-up to descend
6.     Select the arrow to activate the “Share by” pop-up a second time
7.     Let the “Share by” pop-up remain on screen
8.     Wait two seconds

Result:  There’s a very easy way to get stuck on a screen with a keyboard UI over a “Share by” pop-up in the Yonder iPhone App

Expected:  I don’t expect to get stuck with a keyboard UI placed over the “Share by” pop-up

Pardon the slightly misplaced oval.  Select the arrow to activate the "Share by" pop-up.

Select the "Twitter" option.  After you press "Twitter" once, the pop-up will drop out of sight...

You'll wait a long time, and you won't see the twitter pop-up.  Press the arrow one more time, and wait...

Leave the "Share by" pop-up on screen for one moment....

You'll end up stuck on this screen.  It's not obvious, but pressing the facebook button will take you out. There's no way (that I could figure out) to dismiss the keyboard.  I ran into this during actual use.

No comments:

Post a Comment