Thursday, August 30, 2012

EyeEm iPhone App - unable to share


I download the EyeEm iPhone app yesterday.  It’s a lot of fun, and it’s worth a download just to see a very unique user interface.

I’ve found one bug, however, that I found was easy to reproduce.

I’ll include some screenshots and repro steps below, but the bug is pretty straightforward:  It doesn’t look as if newly created accounts (created via e-mail sign ups) are able to share pictures.  I keep getting 404 “Oops!” error messages.

I’ve gotten this now with two different production accounts.

Here’s the repro steps for the bug that I am seeing.

1.     Download and launch the EyeEm iPhone app (version 2.6.5)
2.     Create a new account using the “Or sign up with Email” feature
3.     Select any picture you see
4.     From any picture, select “Share on Facebook” or “Tweet it” or “Post on Tumblr”

Result:  With a newly created production account, I am unable to share any photo

Expected:  Should be able to share photos (if account not linked to Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr, I expect to be taken to login screen) shouldn’t be dumped on a 404

Create a new EyeEm account using the "Or sign up with Email" feature.

Select any photo you see as a brand new user.  Press the arrow in the upper right hand corner.

Select either "Share on Facebook" or "Tweet it" or "Post on Tumblr"

I keep getting 404 error pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment