Thursday, October 10, 2013

instacart iPhone app: App crashes if you use the "Sign up by Email" option.


Date: 10/10/2013
Instacart iPhone App: Version 2.8.6

My iPhone:  An old school 16GB, 3GS
My iPhone’s firmware: 6.1

Description:

The instacart iphone app (version 2.8.6) continually crashes for me if I attempt to create an account.

This crash occurs when I try to create an account using the “Sign up with Email” path inside of the iPhone app.

I’ve gotten this crash seven times in a row – I’ve gotten this crash after deleting and reinstalling the app on the phone.

Attached below are some screenshots, if you are interested. 

Here are the steps that I use to get this crash:

1.     Download and launch the instacart iPhone app (version 2.8.6)
2.     Select the “Sign up with Email” button
3.     Enter in valid information for all fields on this page
4.     Select “Sign up”

Result:  The instacart iPhone app (version 2.8.6) continually crashes for me when I attempt to create an account using the “Sign up with Email” option on my iPhone

Expected:  I should be able to create an instacart account using the iPhone app’s “Sign up with Email” option

Please Note:  I signed up using a facebook account on the same iPhone, and it worked just fine.  I am only getting this crash via the “Sign up with Email” route.


Download and then launch the instacart iPhone app....

Select the "Sign up with Email" option...


Enter in valid information on the "Create Account" page....

I entered in a Chicago zip code and clicked on "Signup" - after clicking on "Signup" the app will crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment